Skip to content

Category: Community

Posts about the Xojo Community, events and activities.

Android Design Extensions 2.0 for Xojo 2023r3 and Later

Half a year has passed since the introduction of Android as a new target in Xojo 2023r2, and hundreds of framework and compiler bugs have been fixed and new features introduced. This is also the case in the latest Xojo release 2023r4. So it’s time to take the Android Design Extensions to a new level and release version 2.0. This version works with Xojo 2023r3 and late releases.

Comments closed

Moving Forward & Giving Back: iOS and macOS Products from Greg O’Lone

My new path has taken me deep into the world of iOS and macOS and I thought I would create some projects & products which would benefit Xojo apps on those platforms by creating some products which expose some of the larger frameworks which are not already available but also cannot be accessed by declares alone…

Comments closed

Thank you, MVPs

The MVPs do a lot for us and, as much of it is behind the scenes, I wanted to thank them publicly for the time and contributions they make to the Xojo community. Though you may not always see it, the Xojo MVPs – Jérémie Leroy, Kem Tekinay, Anthony Cyphers, Christian Schmitz, Martin T and Wayne Golding – bring ideas to us and help identify solutions. Often this leads to an outcome that is ultimately an improvement for the community.

Comments closed

No, we don’t have plans for a XDC 2024

If recent years have informed anything in my life, it is that life is short and also that life is always changing. So it is with enthusiasm I am coming to London for XDC next month. As you probably recall, we had been trying to host an Xojo Developer Conference in London for years but the COVID 19 pandemic had other ideas. But after a successful XDC in Nashville, Tennessee in 2022, we felt the climate was right and we collected data saying the demand was high. We felt this despite reading again and again about the decline in in-person and virtual event attendance. Now, please don’t worry the Xojo Developer Conference in London is going to be an excellent event.

Comments closed

London is always a good idea.

There is no shortage of things to see, do, eat, drink and experience in London. There is something to appease every interest – from history to food, fashion, music, the arts and everything in between. Having so much extracurricular options makes London the ideal city to host the Xojo Developer Conference.

Comments closed