Skip to content

Category: Community

Posts about the Xojo Community, events and activities.

Xojo 2022r3 Includes 60 Fixes for Xojo Web

While we do our best to write software that “just works”, bugs happen. Xojo 2022r3 includes 60 bug fixes just for the Web Framework. Twenty-six of them were fixed during the Bug Bash event. Eight Feature Requests were also included in Xojo Web 2022r3. We’ve been very careful and tried to pick those on the border line between being a bug or a feature.

Comments closed

Xojo Developer Retreat Recap

In September we hosted The Xojo Developer Retreat in Nashville and it was a huge success! From exciting educational sessions, to an exploration of the Xojo product roadmap, to informative presentations from Xojo Engineers about how Xojo is made and the Xojo framework, there was a lot to take in! If you missed any of the announcements that were shared, you can watch Founder and CEO Geoff Perlman’s Conference Keynote free on YouTube. The rest of the session videos are available for purchase here.

Comments closed

How did I not know this?

Xojo MVP Anthony Cyphers has been using Xojo for nearly 20 years and is currently building a User Interface framework for a project he is working on. This project needs to have the ability to tweak colors as needed and have those changes applied across every element of that framework. Read on Anthony’s blog about the way he solved this problem.

Comments closed

Bug Bash Results

Our Engineering team primarily focused on a Bug Bash during the month of August with the goal of addressing issues that did not meet our typical criteria. Unlike previous Bug Bashes, we invited users to nominate up to ten cases they would like to see addressed. During the month 100 issues were fixed! Of those – 50% were created in the past 90 days, and 10% were created more than one year ago.

Comments closed

Xojo and NetSuite

Tim has found that many NetSuite users want to create custom applications that interact with their data in NetSuite and Xojo is truly ideal for this. Some NetSuite users contract this work out to developers like Tim while others are interested in creating apps themselves. During the webinar, Tim and I demonstrated Xojo to NetSuite users while also demonstrating NetSuite to Xojo users who may be interested in incorporating it into their organizations or providing development services to NetSuite users.

Comments closed

The Annual Xojo Survey

For many years we have conducted an annual user survey to get feedback on many things – from features you would like to see on the Roadmap, to whether or not you contact Xojo’s support team, to overall satisfaction and more. All of the feedback is important and used to create internal action items.

Comments closed

Using Xojo to Make NetSuite Development More Efficient

We love hearing from Xojo users when they want to share what they’re working on! One project that was just shared with me was from Tim Dietrich, a Xojo user who has spoken at our user conferences. Late last year Tim shared that he was working on a project that could get Xojo in front of a new audience. Yesterday he released SuiteTransmit. About the project and development process, Tim commented: I was impressed by how easy Xojo made it to get the app working on both platforms. 

Comments closed

Xojo Developer Retreat: So much more than a conference

I am so excited to be planning the Xojo Developer Retreat coming up in Nashville in September. We decided to call it a retreat to signify that we are emphasizing the part that attendees over the years has told us was the best and most beneficial part of XDC, the time spent with other users – networking, troubleshooting and building relationships. If you want to meet the Xojo Team and community members, attend some great sessions, network, collaborate, have fun and enjoy Nashville, please join us at the Xojo Developer Retreat.

Comments closed