Skip to content

Category: Community

Posts about the Xojo Community, events and activities.

Texas For Everyone

Looking for something to do after #XDC2015 wraps? I grew up in Houston but lived in Austin for 10 years and I can confirm that after talking about food, showing off the great state of Texas is a Texans’ favorite thing to do! If you have any questions about things to do or places to visit, feel free to grab one of us locals (or former locals in my case) for more details!

greetingsfromaustin.png

Comments closed

iOS Declares from the Xojo Community

Our user community has been busy enhancing the capabilities of Xojo for iOS with Declares!

We have been quite pleased with the feedback we’ve received about Xojo iOS, but we are commonly asked when Xojo will support a specific iOS feature that it does not yet have. We will be adding new iOS features with each release, but you may not have to wait for us to add a feature. With a bit of knowledge about CocoaTouch and the use of the Declare command in Xojo, there are many things you can take advantage of today.

Comments closed

Guest Post: Solving Sandboxing Issues and Improving Xojo Apps With Ohanaware’s Sandbox Kit

Sam Rowlands has been developing Xojo apps since 1997. He and his wife, Joy Sha, make up Ohanaware and they have been building award winning apps since 2008, notably Funtastic Photos, HDRtist and Shine. Sam is an active Xojo developer and he also offers App Wrapper, which simplifies the process of preparing applications for submission to the Mac App Store and deploying on web sites, in the Xojo Third Party Store.

What is the App Sandbox and why is it a chore?

The App Sandbox is a great end user security concept. The Sandbox governs what an application can and cannot do. This means that a virally infected word processor, cannot go on to infect other applications nor rampantly damage files on the users disk. It can however affect files which the user has created or opened within the word processor.

Comments closed

Guest Post: Learning Xojo

Bob Keeney has been an active member of the Xojo community since 2001. BKeeney Software has offered Xojo consulting work for 15 years with happy clients all around the world. Bob blogs regularly on Xojo and developer topics at www.bkeeneybriefs.com.

I think that Xojo is an amazing product. Clients love the simplicity and power of Xojo which is not found in many software development products. Part of what makes it a great product to work with is the wide array of options to learn more about the language- whether it’s for someone who’s new to programming trying to get an introduction to the language or for an experienced programmer trying to do a deep dive into the framework and what Xojo is capable of.

Comments closed