Skip to content

Category: Community

Posts about the Xojo Community, events and activities.

Xojo 2014r3 Introduces Xojo iOS and Simple, Annual Pricing

When it comes to software licensing and pricing, the goal is to provide just the right amount of flexibility without making things too complex. It’s difficult, however, to do this without some trial and error which means we occasionally make changes.

With Xojo 2014r3 we are introducing simple, annual pricing for all Xojo licenses:

Comments closed

Guest Post: Managing Database Schema Control Over Multiple Versions

Wayne Golding has been a Xojo developer since 2005. He operates two IT companies, a Network/Systems services co & DRNine11 an offsite backup & DR co. Though he primarily uses Xojo for internal management systems and utilities, Wayne’s hobby is robotics where he uses Xojo to communicate with Arduino devices.

When distributing applications with a database component you will undoubtedly upgrade your database schema as your application matures. So how do you manage the schema within your application?

Comments closed

Guest Post: Xojo Networking by Eric Gibbon

Eric Gibbon has been a Xojo developer since 1999. When not heading up the Birmingham, UK Xojo User Group, you can find Eric at MacTasks.com where he offers consulting services and develops bespoke multi-platform multi-user databases for Mac, PC and the Web using Xojo.

Last year work wasn’t going so well, and I was feeling down. I had lost my “Xojo mojo”. As a freelance developer it can be hard to do everything you need to and it is easy to get bogged down. Sometimes you need a fresh injection of ideas and opinions, to see what other developers are doing and how they do it.

Comments closed

6 years and still ticking…

Hard to believe that this year marked my 6th anniversary with Xojo.

I’ve seen a ton of changes over those 6 years – never mind what I’ve seen happen in the 15+ years I’ve been using the product. I’ve been using it literally since before version 1.0 came out since I was on the list for all the developer previews way back when.

Comments closed

Spread the Word, Grow the Community

A bigger community is always beneficial to its members. More Xojo users lead to more ideas, more discussions and more resources for everyone. At Xojo we aren’t just marketing a development tool, we are advertising our truly amazing community! However, marketing is inherently met with a degree of skepticism. You say it can hold 12 times its weight in liquid, but can it really?

Comments closed