A little over a year ago, we started adding the features that were needed to directly support SSL connections in standalone web apps. We ran into a few issues during beta testing which blocked our ability to release at that time and the feature was pulled.
A recent flurry of questions regarding this feature, and the addition of Travis Hill to the web framework team this fall, prompted us to look at this feature again. It turns out that the items which were blocking the release of this feature got fixed as a result of other bug fixes in the fall and we have been able to confirm that standalone SSL does in fact work! If you’re using Xojo 2013r3 or higher, you should be able to actually use them!