Skip to content

Category: Community

Posts about the Xojo Community, events and activities.

XDC 2019 Keynote Recap

Geoff just wrapped up the keynote here in sunny, windy Miami, Florida.

After a brief introduction welcoming attendees from 11 different countries, Geoff began the keynote by sharing some graphs showing how the Xojo community has been changing.

Comments closed

2019 Xojo Design Award Winners

Geoff announced the winners of the 2019 Xojo Design Awards during his Keynote in Miami. With so many entries this year, judging was not easy on us. The Design Awards honor excellence in software design in the following categories: Best Developer Tool, Best Specialty App, Best Consumer App, Best iOS App, Best Educational App and Best Vertical Market App, Best Cross-Platform App, Best Developer Tool.

The 2019 Xojo Design Award Winners are:

Comments closed

Using Advanced Twitter Search

Twitter can be a great resource for developers and small business owners looking for new audiences. How do you find that tweet you saw last month from @xojo to that other guy about the graphics property?

Here’s an overview of Twitter’s search capabilities and some tips to get the most out of using the platform to promote your apps.

Comments closed

Guest Post: Process and Structure to Control Clutter

Ever been unable to find that document you need for your next meeting?

Have you lost focus while working on one thing because you can’t stop thinking about something else? Feeling overwhelmed? There are several types of clutter: physical, technology, and mental. And that clutter is likely affecting you negatively. 

Comments closed

What is Xojo Pro Plus…and what it is not

Recently we changed the name of Xojo Enterprise to Xojo Pro Plus. This brought about a lot of questions. For users whose businesses rely on Xojo, upgrading to Xojo Pro Plus can be very beneficial. For everyone else in the community, this change doesn’t effect you or your Xojo license.

We offer a range of license types as well as ways for users to get additional help from us. But our help comes at an opportunity cost for us because if we are helping someone with their issue, we aren’t helping others at that time. Xojo Pro users get higher priority support than Xojo Desktop users, who get higher priority support than Xojo Lite users, who get higher priority support than those using Xojo for free. Xojo Pro Plus users get the highest priority support of all.

Here is what Xojo Pro Plus is, what it isn’t and what that means for you.

Comments closed

Guest Post: Achieving Success As A Xojo Developer

I’ve spent most of my career developing custom software. I’ve worked as an in-house developer creating custom “line of business” solutions. I’ve worked for software development firms that provide custom software for clients. And I’ve primarily been a self-employed custom software developer since first going out on my own in early 2000. Today, a lot of the work that I’m doing involves developing custom software solutions using Xojo.

I’m often asked by other developers – some who are already using Xojo and some who are not – where the opportunities for Xojo developers are, and how to find them. I also occasionally see these types of questions posted on the Xojo forum by developers who want to use their knowledge of and passion for Xojo to start their own business. So I thought I’d share some of my experiences and observations.

Comments closed

Extend your iOS Toolbox

Developing for iOS with Xojo can be quick and easy, but if you need more power for your app’s controls, your options are:

• study the Apple documentation, which can take time and building the right declares from scratch is not trivial; or
  • use one of the many open source projects, though you may end up having to import things that you don’t want or need;

If you don’t have the time or inclination for these options, Falco Software’s extensions could be what you are looking for. The extensions work similarly to Xojo, just drag the control and start developing. No alien objects to create, no extra code to maintain. Here are some examples of where Falco Software’s extensions can simplify and speed up your iOS development.

Comments closed